Soul Siam Quilt Contest
Attention all quilters (of all nationalities) whose heart and soul belongs to Thailand. You are invited to enter the Soul Siam Quilt Contest and express your Thai identity in quilting. The grand prize is a Janome 8900 QCP sewing machine valued at 120,000 baht, a trip to a quilt show in Japan and 50,000 baht cash! Send in a registration form by Feb 28th, 2014 then finish your quilt by June 16th, 2014.
- Entries must reflect a theme of “Thai identity” expressed in a wall hanging made of cloth using quilting and stitching, at least 60% made by sewing machine, and falling into one of these two categories:
- A: finished size 150 x 150 cm (59 x 59 inches) including borders, or 150 x 180 cm (59 x 70 inches) including borders
- B: 15 x 15 inch mini quilt (including borders no larger than 1½ inches)
- Open to students and others, any age, male, female, any nationality. You may send one quilt in each category.
- Deadline June 16, 2014
- 15 finalists in each category will be announced on June 18, 2014 by SMS and also on Sewing Lovers Club Facebook page. The winner will be announced on June 20, 2014.
- Selected quilts will be displayed in the Thailand Great Quilt Festival 2014-The Asian Showcase at Siam Paragon from July 30 – August 3, 2014.
For more information contact Wien Co.,Ltd. (Janome sewing machine division), all Sewing Lovers Clubs counters, and the Janome and Elna sewing sections at your local department store branches.
2 page registration form pdf
Sewing Lovers Clubs counters can be found at Central Chidlom 5th floor, Central Chaeng Wattana 6th floor, Robinson’s, Paragon 4th floor, and more – look for the Janome and Elna sewing machine displays at all major department stores.
Please apply by sending a completed application form, with a copy of your passport or Thai ID card, postmarked by February 28, 2014 to:
Soul Siam Quilt Contest
Wien International Co., Ltd. (Division 2)
493 Nanglinchee Road
Chongnoncee, Yannawa, Bangkok 10120
For more information please call 02-285-2912 ext 124, 125 or 085-487-0496
Required for quilts in both categories: A description of why your quilt reflects your Thai identity, not more than 1 page A4 paper, including your name, address, mobile phone, and email address. Please send to above address of Wien International Co., Ltd. postmarked by June 16, 2014.
Category A: finished size 150 x 150 cm or 150 x 180 cm
- 1st Prize: Janome Horizon 8900 QCP sewing machine, perfect for quilting – valued at 120,000 baht, and air travel vacation package to see a quilt show in Japan for one person, and 50,000 baht cash for a total value prize package of 230,000 baht
- 2nd Prize: Janome Computerized Sewing Machine valued at 50,000 baht, and 30,000 baht cash, for a total value prize package of 80,000 baht
- 3rd Prize: Janome Computerized Sewing Machine valued at 35,000 baht, and 20,000 baht cash, for a total value prize package of 55,000 baht
- Runner ups: Janome Honey Bee sewing machine valued at 20,000 baht, and 5,000 baht cash for a total value prize package of 25,000 baht
Category B: 15 x 15 inch mini quilt
- First prize: Janome Computerized Sewing Machine valued at 40,000 baht, Gift Voucher 10,000 baht, for a total value prize package of 50,000 baht
- Honorable mention: Janome Sewing Machine valued at 10,000 baht, Gift Voucher 5,000 baht, total value of 4 prizes is 60,000 baht