Rickrack Road Quilt
- for the blocks 13 – 18″ x 22″ fat quarters in assorted pink, teal, tan, green, brown and yellow prints
- 19 fat quarters assorted beige prints for the background
- sashing and binding 2 1/3 yards floral
- 4 1/4 yards for backing
The quilt is 69 1/2″ x 77 1/2″
- from each of the colored fabrics cut enough 5″ squares to get 112
- from background fabrics cut 112 – 6″ squares
- From the floral cut five 6 1/2 x 77 1/2 sashing strips
- Use a pencil to draw a diagonal line on the wrong side of the colored 5″ squares (draw lightly or put sandpaper under fabric to prevent stretching). Align a marked square with one corner of a background 6″ print (connector corner). Sew on drawn line and trim excess, leaving 1/4 inch seam allowance (you will have 1/2 square triangles left over). The unit should be 6″ square. Repeat to make 112 pieced units.
- Lay out four pieced units in pairs. Sew together each pair; press seams in opposite directions. Join pairs to make a block. Press seams in one direction. The block should be 11 1/2″ square including seam allowances. Repeat to make 28 blocks.