Start measuring from the side base of your neck, at the top shoulder line, and going down towards your waist level passing over your bust point. Try to keep the tape as straight as possible.
How do I take my measurements for clothing?
Choosing Your Size
- BUST:Measure around the back, under the arms and across the fullest part of the bust. …
- WAIST: Measure around the waist, with the tape measure flat against the figure and snug but not too tight.
- HIPS: Measure over the fullest part of the hips, usually 21-23cm / 8-9” down from the waist.
Where should a woman measure her waist?
Find the bottom of your ribs and the top of your hips. Place a tape measure around your middle at a point halfway between them (just above the belly button). Make sure it’s pulled tight, but isn’t digging into your skin. Breathe out naturally and take your measurement.
How do you size a pattern?
How to Grade
- Step 1: Determine how many sizes you need to go up or down.
- Step 2: On the pattern, draw a straight, guiding line to connect the “corner points”.
- Step 3: Measure the amount between sizes along each line. …
- Step 4: Plot the next size (or next two sizes) using the measurements.
Where do you measure hips?
Put your feet together. Locate the correct area of your hips – the widest point around your buttocks. Your hip measurement should include your buttocks and hips. Hold the start of the tape measure on one hip, wrap it around your buttocks and around your other hip and then back to where you started.
How can I measure my foot size?
Plant one foot on the paper with your heel against the wall.
- Trace the outline of your foot. It’s easiest to have someone help you with this step. …
- Using your ruler, measure the longest and widest parts of your outline.
- Repeat with your other foot. Take down your measurements in both inches and centimeters.
How do I take measurements on my iPhone?
Take a manual measurement
- Align the dot at the center of the screen with the point where you want to start measuring, then tap .
- Slowly pan iPhone to the end point, then tap. to see the measured length.
- To take a photo of your measurement, tap .
- Take another measurement, or tap Clear to start over.
What measurements are on a sewing tape measure?
How to read a sewing tape measure in inches. The markings on it are applied with the main divisions with an interval of 1 inch and intermediate – ⅛ or 1/16 in. An inch is divided into 2, 4, 8, 16 equal parts so the measurement in inches is something like “2 3/8” or “5 3/16”.