How do you make a pillowcase step by step?
How to Make a Pillowcase
- Cutting your fabric. Start by cutting two identical size pieces of fabric, that are each 29.5 inches long and 21 inches wide. …
- Fold fabric, iron, pin, and sew. …
- Repeat step 2 with the second piece of fabric.
- Pin the pieces together and sew. …
- Flip the pillowcase right side out and it’s ready to use.
What stitch should I use for a pillowcase?
Be sure to remember to zig-zag stitch (or use a Serger) along the entire edge. After zig-zag stitching the long side of the pillowcase, stitch the end of Fabric A closed with a ¼” seam allowance, locking your stitch at both the beginning and the end. Then, finish the raw edge with a zig-zag stitch as well.
How much fabric do you need for a pillowcase?
A finished standard pillowcase should measure about 22.5 inches by 31.5 inches, allowing for fill depth, seaming and an approximate 4-inch hem. One yard of 45-inch-wide fabric should be enough to make one standard case, if the material is preshrunk.
How do you make pillow cases out of sheets?
- Step 1: Measure your pillow.
- Common bed sized pillows are the following sizes:
- Step 2: Measure and cut out your pillowcase pieces.
- Step 3: Finish both ends of your pillowcase.
- Step 4: Sew 3 sides of your envelope pillowcase together.
- Step 5: Sew down the flap.
- Step 6: Finish the edges.
What is the first step to do before sewing a pillowcase?
How to Make a Simple Pillow Case
- Step 1: Make a “Pattern” Using a pillowcase you already have, measure the rectangle to find how big you need to make yours. …
- Step 2: Cut Fabric. …
- Step 3: Pin the Fabric. …
- Step 4: Sew. …
- Step 5: Make the Opening Hem. …
- Step 6: Pin the Panels Together. …
- Step 7: Sew Around the Panels. …
- Step 8: Done.
How much fabric do I need to make 2 pillowcases?
To make 2 pillowcases, you need:
- 2 yards (1.9 meters) of fabric for standard & queen size pillowcases (20″ x 30″).
- 2.5 yards (2.3 meters) of fabric for king size pillowcases (20″ x 40″).
How much bigger should a pillowcase be than the pillow?
Opt for a pillowcase measuring 1/2 to 1 inch longer than the pillow length and 2 1/2 to 4 inches wider than the pillow width, if you’re buying a ready-made pillowcase.
Can you sew a pillowcase without a sewing machine?
no sew. You can literally wrap your already covered pillow (or pillow form) up like a burrito, meaning the only thing you have to purchase is fabric from your local craft store. You simply take a square of fabric, place the pillow towards one corner, wrap, tie, and you’re done!
How do you make an envelope pillow cover with one piece of fabric?
- Wash the fabric.
- Cut the fabric to pillow size.
- Create a double-fold hem on smaller ends of cut fabric.
- Overlap the fabric to give you the size of the pillow form, pin, and sew a 1/2″ seam.
- Trim corners then turn fabric right side out. Then insert the pillow form into the pillow cover and enjoy!
How much fabric do I need for a 12×12 pillow?
In This Article
|Type of Pillow||Dimensions (Length by Width)||Amount of Fabric Needed for 1 Pillow Cover (Using 54-inch Wide Fabric with No Pattern Matching)|
|Square pillow forms||12 x 12 inches||1/3 yard|
|14 x 14 inches||1/2 yard|
|16 x 16 inches||1/2 yard|
|18 x 18 inches||5/8 yard|