Raise the needle by turning the handwheel toward you (counterclockwise) so that the mark on the wheel points up. If the needle is not correctly raised, the sewing machine can not be threaded.
How do you adjust a needle position?
To use the needle position settings, follow these tips:
- Align the machine foot where you want it and change the zigzag width to achieve the stitching line that you want.
- To keep your stitching straight, make sure that your eyes are always following the guide on the machine or the foot, not the sewing needle.
Why isn’t my needle go up and down?
If the needle won’t move with the clutch engaged, unplug the sewing machine and check the drive belt. Replace the drive belt if it’s broken. If the drive belt is okay, an internal drive gear failure is likely preventing the needle from moving.
Why is my needle hitting the needle plate?
The needle is not installed correctly. Make sure that the flat spot of the needle faces the back of the machine. … The needle could be bent. Replace the needle with a new needle.
Why is my needle hitting the presser foot?
There are several reasons why the needle keeps hitting the presser foot/needle plate: … The presser foot you are using may not be appropriate for the type of stitch that you want to sew. – Attach the presser foot that is correct for they type of stitch that you want to sew.
Why is my sewing machine needle not centered?
To center your needle, your needle position dial needs to be set to center position and your stitch width dial needs to be set to “0”. The needle position dial will not function unless the width dial is on “0”.
How do you raise the needle on a Brother sewing machine?
Raise the needle by turning the handwheel toward you (counterclockwise) so that the mark on the wheel points up. If the needle is not correctly raised, the sewing machine can not be threaded. Pull up the spool pin completely.
How do you adjust the needle on a Brother sewing machine?
How to change the needle position
- To set your needle in the right position. – Set your stitch width dial to 0.
- To set your needle in the left position. – Set your stitch width dial to 5.
- For normal center position.