Freeform crochet, also called scrumbling, simply means that you are free to use the yarns and stitches that appeal to you and to work them in a multi-directional way without a pattern or rules. You can use freeform crochet to create art pieces as well as clothing, accessories, and other items.
What is freedom crochet?
The Freedom of Freeform Crochet
The entire idea is to take your crochet hook (or even to crochet with your fingers) and use them with yarn to create images of your own design.
What is the easiest thing to crochet?
Here are 20 quick, easy, and beautiful things to crochet:
- Baby flip flop sandals from Whistle and Ivy:
- Knotted headband from All About Ami:
- Face scrubbies from The Stitching’ Mommy:
- Pretty flowers from Party Artisan:
- Braided necklace from Lebenslustiger:
- Cup cozy from All About Ami:
- iPhone case from Dabbles and Babbles:
How do you knit freeform?
Quick Freeform Tutorial
- Start with a small knitted or crochet patch.
- Pick up a few stitches directly on your patch & add a knitted or crochet triangle or rectangle.
- Make a double circle then slip stitch it to your patch.
- working directly onto patch make some Scallops & shells.
- make some Domes & Popcorns & attach to patch.
How do you do freeform crochet?
Make three rows of any length, in any direction, using this stitch. Continue on, selecting stitches and working a different number of rows of each. Change yarn whenever you feel like it. You are getting the hang of freeform crochet!
What are freedom braids?
The Freedom Collection is made of 100% Synthetic fibre for fun braided styles. Super soft fibres for easy brushing or braiding, the products in this collection are extremely lightweight ensuring there is less tension on the head making them even more comfortable whilst wearing.
What is the hardest thing to crochet?
Sand Dune Sweater
When you use the broomstick lace crochet technique, you’ll be working your stitches around a rod or thick hook. The resulting lace pattern is perfect for a lightweight sweater. Personally, I think broomstick lace is the most difficult crochet stitch.
Is it faster to knit or crochet?
Crochet is also faster to create than knitting. … You’ll be able to knit sweaters, afghans, pillows, and lots of small easy crafts. Because there is only one live stitch in crochet, there are more opportunities to create interesting multidirectional projects such as granny squares, amigurumi, or yarn bombing.
What is magic circle in crochet?
A magic ring or a magic circle is a way to begin crocheting in round by crocheting the first round into an adjustable loop and then pulling the loop tight. This is great way to start crocheting your toys, because you can pull the loop very tight so you won’t have a hole in the middle of your first round.