If you normally take your knits to a tailor to fix small holes or loose buttons, it’s time to mend your ways. … With some basic stitchery, you can darn a hole, replace a button, reinforce a buttonhole, or fix a pulled thread.
How do you fix a hole in the armpit of a sweater?
Simple sweater mend: under arm hole
- Pin the underarm seam. Turn the sweater inside out. …
- Sew a new seam. Start on top of the original seam a little before the hole, curve around the hole and end on top of the original seam a little beyond the hole.
- That’s it, you’re done!
How do you fix a hole in wool?
How to Repair Moth Holes in Wool Fabric
- Choose a thread that blends in with the material in your wool garment. …
- Thread a fine needle with a short length of thread.
- Turn your garment inside out to conceal your needlework. …
- When you are finished sewing, tie the mending thread on the inside of your fabric to secure the ends.
How can I fix a hole in a sweater without sewing?
Place a piece of wax paper over the hole and fusing web so that the iron doesn’t stick. Step 4: Hold the iron on the hole and fusing web for about 10 seconds. And that’s it! This is such an easy, effective way to patch small holes without having to find your sewing kit.