How do I stop my circular needles from twisting?
A good trick for ensuring your stitches aren’t twisted is to lay the work down on a table after you’ve cast on and make sure all the stitches are facing the same way without a twist before you join in the round or start knitting.
How do you stop tubular cast on from twisting?
How to Prevent a Twisted Cast On
- After casting-on, lay your needles on a flat surface as you see above with the tip that has the working yarn on the right.
- Check your cast on to make sure the base of the cast-on is facing inward (live stitches face outward) and straighten out any twists.
How do you soften stiff knitting?
How to Soften Acrylic Yarn After Knitting
- Rinse your project.
- Wash your project with shampoo and rinse well. …
- Cover your project in conditioner. …
- With the conditioner still on it, leave your project to soak in cold water in the sink for at least an hour.
- Rinse your project very well so it is free of conditioner.
Can you do tubular cast on in the round?
Technically, it is possible to join stitches for working in the round right after we cast them on using the long tail tubular cast on. I did it a few times and I can say that it is doable. But, it is an extremely tedious task with a high risk of twisting the cast on edge.