What is the best width for quilt binding?
The standard choice is 2 1/4″ or 2 1/2″ depending on how wide you want your finished binding to look. They are both attached in the same way. Consider the thickness or loft of your quilt as this will affect the finished look of the binding.
How do you make a quilt without binding?
Lay the top on the batting so all edges match evenly.
- Place quilt top on piece of batting.
- Place backing on top of quilt top right sides together.
- Pin layers together so they do not shift when sewing edges.
- Piece sewn around all edges.
- Leave opening to pull layers through.
- Clip corners to minimise bulk.